First Open Bible is currently meeting digitally online for all services, Connect Groups, & Bible Study groups.
As of 6.1.2020, Linn County has begun reopening with Phase 1 & Phase 2. We are still under strict guidelines from Gov. Reynolds.
FIRST OPEN BIBLE RE-ENTRY STRATEGY
We will return to in-person services at First Open Bible using a phased approach.
Pastor Harris and the Board of Elder’s at First Open Bible have developed a phased strategy to reopen through four (4) phases.
These phases were developed with mindfulness of the current trends with Coronavirus in our area. The phases and criteria are subject to change based on the disease trends in our county. Pastor Harris and the Board of Elders will be weekly reevaluating the
pandemic in Linn County. Any changes will be communicated by Pastor Harris to the First Open Bible congregation.
Listed first are recommendations from the CDC and state government for this phase. These recommendations were taken into consideration when planning Phase 2 for First Open Bible.
According to the CDC and Iowa’s Governor –
- Public social settings of more than 10 people are prohibited if not in compliance with social distancing protocols set by the governor. Any social, community, recreational, leisure, and sporting gatherings and events of more than 10 people are permitted if following the requirements set forth. 6-foot physical distancing rule is still enforced.
- Specific type of employers: daycares, camps, etc can reopen. Schools and organized youth activities can reopen.
- Senior living and hospitals are prohibited to interact with residents.
- Large venues (sit down, dining, places of worship, sporting venues, gyms) –can operate under strict physical distance protocols at 50% capacity set by the state’s governor.
- Some common areas are closed for use or enforce strict social distancing protocols.
- Non-essential travel can resume.
- Places of worship can resume under strict protocols as directed by the state governor.
- Continue to telework when possible for business operations.
First Open Bible: Phase 2 (Subject to change based on status of pandemic in Linn County.)
CHURCH SERVICES: Saturday PM & Sunday AM reopen services with strict social guidelines. Sunday PM No services. Wednesday night PM: Continue online services.
KID’S SERVICES: Sunday AM reopen services with strict social guidelines. Wednesday PM: No Services/Optional outdoor. Thursday PM: Continue online Bible lesson.
YOUTH SERVICES: Wednesday PM continue online services/optional outdoors.
FOOD PANTRY: Continue operations using strict social distancing guidelines.
CONNECT GROUPS: Continue online connect groups/optional outdoors.
BIBLE STUDY GROUPS: Continue online Bible study groups/optional outdoors.
OFFICE HOURS/STAFFING: Normal operation hours and staffing. Limited staff teleworking. Non-essential travel can resume.
VISITATIONS: Prohibited interaction at senior living, and care centers. Limited interaction at hospitals. Strict social guidelines in place if visit is essential.
EXTRA EVENTS: Optional outdoors with social distancing guidelines in place. Strict social guidelines in place if event is essential and indoors.
*Outdoor events are now an option. Please call the church office at 319.363.3117 for scheduling and guidelines.